What are Veneers? Part 2
- January 25, 2021
- 3 mins read
Dental Veneers have been a popular dental option for people who want to enhance their smiles. To put it simply, they are thin teeth coverings, often made from porcelain, that protects teeth from further staining or chipping. These shells can alter your teeth’s shape, length, color, and overall appearance. With different methods to improve your teeth appearance, here’s why veneers are an option that you should bring up with your dentist.
3 Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Strong and long-lasting
Veneers tend to last a span of ten years. Some patients can have veneers last up to twenty years. They may not be the most affordable dental enhancement procedure, but their results are for the long-term. Overall, they are an investment that pays off in the long run.
- Improves Teeth appearance
Veneers are all custom-made to fit your teeth by skilled dental professionals. This makes sure your teeth appear aligned and maintain a healthy white color for a long time. Veneers are also beneficial for people with chips in their teeth. They can go over the chipped tooth and make it as though the chip didn’t exist.
- Shields teeth from staining
Veneers help protect teeth from further staining caused by food or beverages you consume on a regular basis.
While porcelain veneers have been proven to be durable and effective, it doesn’t mean that they are the solution to all your dental dilemmas. Proper oral hygiene and mindful teeth care is still essential for you to ensure they don’t deteriorate. Take note of the following habit changes you must be willing to work with.
4 Veneer Aftercare Tips
- Avoid biting hard objects – Your teeth are meant for chewing food and should not be used as a tool. Try to avoid bad habits like biting your fingernails or chewing on pencil tips or ice.
- Brush and Floss regularly – Having dental veneers doesn’t provide you with a shield against proper dental hygiene. Brushing and flossing twice a day should still be a habit that should be second nature to everybody. It keeps the gums and mouth clean and healthy and prevents cavities, which is something these outer shells can’t protect your teeth from.
- Be Mindful of the Food you Eat – Veneers will aid in preventing further teeth staining. But they are not something that grants your teeth immunity from staining caused by factors like drinking wine or coffee on a daily basis. Every good thing must be kept in moderation.
- Do Not Grind Your Teeth – Teeth grinding is a bad habit that some people are guilty of whenever they get angry, nervous, or simply have gotten used to it that they don’t realize it’s a habit. Grinding your teeth can lead to teeth chipping. Learn to manage your emotions in a healthier way.
Before deciding to get porcelain veneers, consult your dentist if it is a procedure that they are confident you need. Improving one’s appearance like your teeth can be that confidence boost you need to put a smile on your face more often than not.