Five Dental Services You Should Get Before the Year Ends
- December 27, 2013
- 3 mins read
Whether you visit your trusted dentist in Chandler regularly or schedule an appointment only when you need to have a tooth taken out, the idea of starting 2014 with a beautiful smile is not something you can easily set aside.
The good thing about getting dental services before the year ends is that it comes with noteworthy benefits, not only to your physical appearance and your oral health, but also to your financial health.
How, you ask? If you have a dental insurance, you should know that most plans do not allow patients to rollover any unused benefits they have to the next year. Each year, your insurance company gives you an annual maximum as well as the deductible. If you are able to meet your deductible, then you will be getting your money’s worth. If you do not meet your deductible, then your insurance provider will be the one profiting from the arrangement.
So if you want to make the most out of your insurance coverage, getting dental services at the last minute isn’t really such a bad idea. In fact, it’s a win-win situation from any angle. If you have one or more of those minimal dental flaws that you want to fix or improve, then this is the best time to get them done.
Here’s a list of dental services that would be perfect for individuals to get before the year ends. Don’t worry, though, there’s none of those extensive procedures that have downtime or might affect how you celebrate the holidays and the start of the year. These services will leave you all prepped up and ready to flash your smile just in time for Christmas and New Year!
1. Teeth Cleaning – If it’s been quite a while since you last had your teeth cleaned by your Chandler dentist, then now’s the time to have a dental cleaning procedure. Not only does this help maintain healthy teeth and gums, but it also removes all those cavities and food particles that you were not able to get rid of with regular brushing and flossing.
2. Teeth Whitening – Christmas and New Year wouldn’t be complete without any picture taking. Don’t you want to have the brightest, whitest smile in every group photo? Not only is this procedure non-invasive, but it also offers instant results.
3. Sealants – Ever wonder why celebrities have none of those ridges and grooves that you normally see on your teeth? That seemingly miraculous feat is the product of dental sealants. These are layers of thin plastic that are applied on the surface of the teeth and help prevent food particles and bacteria from accumulating on the grooves.
4. Fillings – Usually confused with sealants, dental fillings are used to repair decayed teeth, bringing back their natural shape and function. Like dental sealants, fillings placed by your Chandler dentist prevents further damage because it closes the spaces or the holes previously damaged by cavities and where bacteria proliferates. Consult a trusted dentist in Chandler AZ to determine whether gold, composite resin, porcelain, or amalgam is the best type for you.
5. Oral Cancer Screening – It is important for every patient to get screened for oral cancer while it is still early. So don’t hesitate to have your mouth checked by a reputable dentist in Chandler and the surrounding areas for any abnormal activities in your mouth.
img c/o pixabay